Friday, April 25, 2008

shopping

Yesterday I went to eat lunch with my sister and her husband. We went next door to TJ Maxx after we ate. I found this really cute desktop fan. This was the conversation:
Me: Do you like this fan? I think I might get it.
Tammy: How much?
Me: $69 (It is really cool Pottery Barn look and it was originally $150)
Tammy: It probably doesn't work
Me: Why wouldn't it work?
Tammy: I don't know, you will get home and it won't work.
Me: I am getting the fan.
Standing in line to check out with my cute fan
Me: You really think it won't work?
Tammy: I don't know, probably.
Me leaving the line finding a pole and plugging it in and turning it on...this is the best part.
Me: TAMMY JUSTIN the FAN WORKS FINE!(Talking in the fan voice, you know the one were you talk into the working fan and makes your voice funny)
Tammy and Justin acting like they don't know me.

But she got me back...I then started trying on sunglasses in line (It was a long line that wasn't' moving)
I asked if she liked 'em (I couldn't tell because of the big security thingy)
She said they were cute. Bought the fan and the glasses. The checkout girl took off the tags for me. Hopped in the pickup put on my new sunglasses, checked myself out.
UGH! They were so ugly! They had glass clear across the nose, they looked like goggles. I called her, she said "Look at this way you can wear them when you work with hazardous material." Thanks Tammy!

Ok check the blog tomorrow night or Sunday. You don't want to miss it.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two cannot be trusted to shop together anymore. I guess I am going to have to go with you.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...that comment deleted was mine. Check out my blog for another great story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read some where that you are really freindly to valet's. I think that is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love sisters?? Although, I did read Tammy's blog and that is pretty funny :) The stories you are threatening to tell on her do sound quite interesting as well! I am glad to hear your fan works :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet your fan is hot. Like in a good-looking way...because otherwise a fan is definitely cool. The anticipation of your upcoming blog is killing me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should post some video of yourself with your new goggles, talking into the fan. I'll be watching for it!

    ReplyDelete