Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day

What every mother wants to hear...

Tonight Cody was gone with the boys, so Maude and I had dinner with my parents. We were sitting at the table and Granddad leaned over and kissed Maude. She quickly informed MiMi that her Granddad had kissed her but she didn't kiss him back. MiMi said Granddad are you stealing my kisses. Maude said "I didn't kiss him back." Then my mom asked the question and boy did she get an answer. I don't think any of us were prepared...
My Mom said "Do your mommy and daddy kiss?"
Maude in a smooshy gross face answered "Yeeeeesssssss, they hug and kiss hug and kiss hug and kiss hug and kiss all the time."
My dad turned a nice color of red and we all tried to keep the laughter under control. I don't know if this story is even funny without seeing the drama in her face and hearing her voice.
Here is to you Mom you asked the question and got the answer...Happy Mother's Day

3 comments:

  1. Aren't you glad that you hug and kiss? But sometimes TMI! :)

    Kids say the darndest things. (That might be the appropriate name for your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not so sure mine beat yours...that is hilarious!!!!

    ReplyDelete