Tuesday, August 5, 2008

words

Ok so tonight I was saying my good nights to the kids and it happened. The boys have had there moments that slowly turn into this but Maude had not. She said the word, so now they all are have said 'it' the one word I am never ready to hear. She said "Good night Mom" I just wanted to cry. She is my baby she isn't suppose to call me Mom yet. I still hear Mommy out of the boys mouth but just not often and I know it is just a matter of time until the word "Mommy" leaves all of their vocabulary. Maybe I am getting sentimental about school starting and having 2 in school now. I can not believe it is August and almost a week into it. We still haven't done enough stuff to qualify for summer to be over. Some recent pictures of summer fun.
Lake and soccer. We are coaching Maude and Joshua's team, very entertaining. Both boys have scored every game. Maude has decided she just wants to cheer, which Cody and I are both fine with at this point.



3 comments:

  1. Don't worry about being Mom, sadly I still call my mom, Momma. Every once in a while I still say Mommy...they may not call you that all the time, but it will always be part of at least Maude's vocabulary. Enjoy your last few weeks with the kids at home...I wish I could have done half the stuff you did with them this summer! I'm glad you get to see the Mizzou Tigers in action, even if you won't be cheering for them! The Baylor coach is actually a family friend of ours. His family & my dad's family grew up like 10 miles away from each other...and he was the RB coach while I was at Tech. Great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling, but in a different say. Kilian says both Mom and Mommy 1/2 and 1/2, Lucy usually says Mommy, BUT Camille always says Mom. and Dad. she has for many months. Brad says she is just efficient.

    We start school on the 18th and I'm trying to plan a few fun things instead of just unpacking (although it is tempting to just let them watch tv while I get stuff done).

    Enjoy what is left of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reminds me of Justin's grandparents in Clovis. He always called his wife Mommy. I thought it was so sweet. Somehow I don't see Cody calling you that. :)

    ReplyDelete