Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hair and Little Girls

For the past year we have grown out Maude's bangs. About a month ago they finally had reached the length of the rest of her hair. Two weeks ago Maude started asking 2-3 times a day to cut her bangs. I kept telling her no. One day she grabbed her bangs and said just cut them right here and showed me how with her fingers. I thought I better have someone cut them or she was about to and that would end really badly. Last night I finally gave in and cut just a few wispy bangs just to make her happy, I thought!!!! She looked in the mirror and screamed!!! She started crying and was very upset too upset to talk. Finally I got her settled down and asked her what was wrong. She said "I want them cut all off so I don't have bangs!" WHAT??!!?? That is what she had!!!! This morning I had to bobby pin them back so no one could see that she had bangs! Please tell me that girls are really this way?

1 comment:

  1. Carys does that sort of thing to me. She will say she wants one thing and when you finally do it, she falls apart because it either a) wasn't what she really wanted, b) I didn't do it just right, or c) both. I hope it gets better. It's tough, though. I just had Carys' hair cut for the first time and I thought she would freak out. Turns out, they cut off her curls and she loves it. She wants her hair straightened every day. :( You just never know with girls! Glad we never did anything like that to our parents!

    ReplyDelete